Friday, June 20, 2008

Why we love it here

The other morning this is what we woke up to. You can see the mountains peaking over the clouds. It's just about every day when I look across the valley from our house and am taken back in the beauty of our area. This picture doesn't do justice to what we actually saw. We were told by some of our friends that since it's so beautiful that people will drive through for the first time and will pull over and buy land here. Really I haven't seen anywhere that has been as beautiful as this. I know I talked poorly of the cold weather but now that it has stopped snowing here all the time and it's getting into the 70's I just love it even more. But even with all the snow it's like nothing I have ever seen. And most of you know that Ben and I have moved LOTS. The only other place that came close to being as beautiful was in Washington and it was when you drove from the main land to Anacortes island. No matter how many times we drove that I was always taken back by the beauty of it all.

2 comments:

Kaitlin said...

what?! you didnt think our backyard was pretty enough to wake up to? hahahahhaha

Filetti Family said...

Man, you really are out there. Look at all that vacant land and animals. That is Jared's dream to be far away from civilation but I don't think I could do it. Well, I don't think I could be THAT far away. :) You are right, it really is beautiful!