Monday, September 1, 2008

Bobbert the Mammoth

Here's our new car. I love it. It's so nice to have and as my friend Jenn told me it's the largest on the road. Even bigger than a hummer or a suburban. It has a 40 gallon tank so we need to take a small loan when ever we need to fill the tank. The girls love it also. Ben takes it when he's goin around town because he says it's more manly than the van. He normally gets a talking to about that since the van gets better gas mileage than Bobbert. We did get a screaming deal on it. We bought it for less than half of what it blue books for. It's a 2000 Ford Excursion and only has 34000 miles on it. Also it's very kid friendly since it has rubber on the floor instead of carpet so if the kids were to get sick or spill somthing we could just take the seats out and hose it down. As always the Lord has really blessed us. Living in the area we do you need to have some sort of heavy duty car. We've got ours and LOVE, LOVE it.
Oh and to Britt and Meg it's so cute to hear the girls call it Bobbert. It just makes a mom proud.

4 comments:

Meghan said...

Bobbert! LOL! I love a good Bobbert Bottomus! Have you taught your girls how to say it in the deep, bellowing man voice? :-)

The Stewarts said...

no not yet but one day. When ben and I were picking out names for the car that is the one that stuck. He didn't like it at first but I told him I didn't have anything to do with him naming his last car.

Filetti Family said...

Yes, you have a Bobbert in the family. LOL I just about died when I read what you named your car. That brings back good times. I would be scared being on the road at the same time as you with that monster of a car. Just don't run anymore over. :)

I remember driving home from the Saltair dances in "The Italian Stallion" with zero visability from crazy snowfall and you just busting through it like it was no big deal. I can only imagine what kinds of fun you are going to have in your new car. Congrats, it's beautiful!

The Stewarts said...

I am a much safer driver now that I have kids and have settled down a bit. Ben is put tow ropes in my car so I can pull cars out if they need it.

The Stallion was a good car to me and I was sad when we sold it but it was his time to go.

I drove the van tonight and I have to say that I felt so small and low to the ground. I liked it but I also like the power of Bobbert.