Wednesday, September 3, 2008

We cought the summer reading bug~

This summer our local library had a reading program that the all the girls enjoyed being apart of. Every week they had to read for at least a half hour a day for 5 days out of the week. If they read then their names were entered into a drawing where at the Bug Ball they won prizes. Aubrey and Cecilia both won the big prizes but then all the girls won other little things.

The kids were encouraged to dress like bugs for the Bug Ball. I just made them butterfly wings with poster board. I thought that there would be lots of other kids dressed up but there was only two other kids dressed up. I was quite pleased at how their wings ended up. I cut them out and then in the morning they got to decorate them any way they wanted to.

It was really great for them and for me since going to the library at least once a week was great to get us out of the house. I can't wait till the next reading program starts. The girls do think that every time the go to the library that they should get rewards. I have to keep explaining that there isn't a program going on right now. Here are some pictures of the Bug Ball. Oh and every week there was a mid week activities. Really the library system here in our valley is great.




Of course the parks people had to have a sprinkler on. I figured that having a wet kid wasn't so bad. Aubrey and her little boyfriend could care less about the prizes that were being given out.
Cecilia looking cute as always. I wasn't able to get a picture of her with her wings on.

Aubrey the butterfly.


Azlie dressed as the flower patch that the butterflies come to visit.



Alex the butterfly





No comments: