Saturday, December 27, 2008

Our trip from Wyoming to Iowa 10-6-08 thru 10-11-08

Azlie not getting into trouble but trying to figure out a way.
Ben taking some time to relax. It was much needed.

Ben cooking dinner.



Cecilia called dibs on the top bunk along with Aubrey.



Bottom bunk was Alex's this night. Relaxing while watching a movie.
So I have posted about this trip before but here are some of the pictures of our trip. We stayed at KOA's for the first four days of our trip and then on the last one we stayed at a hotel. We really liked being in the little cabins that they had. The first three nights we stayed in cabins that had one full bed and a bunk bed. As you can see it was just a foam mattress but since we were planning on camping in a tent we really didn't care. Plus with all the moving hastle we didn't care where we slept just as long as we were sleeping. On our fourth night we up graded to a cabin that had a bathroom. I have a picture of how small it was but it was in use at the time and I didn't think any of you or Ben would want that published.
We had a lot of fun during this trip and I would have to say that we are really grateful for going through every thing we did. It has made our lives so much better and I feel as though we were able to focus on what was really important. I told Ben that I have never been prayed into an area which is how I feel about being here. There is so much work to be done here with the gospel and we are so grateful to be living near family. And I must say that I am still jazzed when I get to go to walmart. It's the small things that get me through the week. We are planning on staying here and even though I know we have been "drifters" I really feel as though we could be happy here for a long time to come. I look forward to buying a house here and making it our own. That is a ways off but still we are excited. Something else that the Lord has been teaching us is to have patience. Normally we get into an area and buy a house in the first two months. Well we have been waiting for almost a year now to buy a house and live in it. We still have our house in Roy but we don't get to enjoy it. I saw a picture of the front of it the other day and it made me so sad because I still love that house so much. Oh well now I get to find a new house that I love even more.




No comments: