Friday, October 17, 2008

Sweet girls

So yesterday was Ben worked his first 24 hour shift at work which went okay for all of us all around. He had told the girls in the morning that he wasn't going to be home till the next morning and they took it well since they are use to having him going on trips for work.

The sweetness set in when I was driving home from the library and Aubrey all the sudden was really serious. I asked her what as wrong to which she responded,"Mom I have some really bad new". Here I am thinking that she's done something naughty when she then tells me the bad news. "Mom, Daddy won't be coming home tonight because he has to stay at work and help those kids who are having a hard time." I told her that was really bad news.

Then around bed time Alex comes up to me and asks "Mommy who is going to sleep with you tonight". I told her that it was okay I would sleep alone and she then said, "But mom won't you be scared sleeping alone?" I didn't end up sleeping alone anyway. Aubrey was the first to come out and get into bed with me and then an hour or so later Alex came out and slept on the floor.

It's good that I always have someone taking care of me.

No comments: