Thursday, October 9, 2008

Our new adventure

This is the first time that I have been able to get to a real computer in a while. For those of you who don't know we are moving to Keokuk, Iowa. Ben will be working for a troubled youth school. We were planning on Ben going into the military but his brother offered him a job working for him and it just felt right. With this opportunity we will be totally out of debt in 6-8 months which we are totally excited about. Ben will be working from 7a.m. to 11p.m. three days a week and then have four days off.

Being in the city right now is a little overwhelming. Driving in it is even worse. I guess I didn't realize how much I got use to living in the country where there is no traffic and no stop lights. I just hope where we are going is more country than city. I do know that there is a super walmart near by so that is good.

We are actually in Des Monies, Iowa right now and have a couple of hours left tomorrow till we are to our new home. I have to say that the Lord has yet again blessed us with this opportunity. This last week while traveling I haven't had any problems with my anxiety which in it's self is a huge blessing. I will post the pictures of our trip here and our new area when I find the cord to the camera and buy a new power cord for the computer.

Also we went to Martins cove which was so great and then today we stopped at Winter Quarters. Both places had such a strong spirit.

2 comments:

Banta Family said...

life is full of adventures. Good Luck. Hey, I am tagging you...check out my blog for more info.

Filetti Family said...

I can't wait until you get settled! It was fun trying to talk to you while you were on the road and the phone kept dropping out every few minutes. :) Call me when you get service again. ;)