Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Price to Live in Iowa

Being here in Iowa is great. We love the area and the opportunities that we have before us here. I just wanted to let you all know what my sweet sister-in-law already knows and that is Gas prices here are 2.18/gallon. Now I know I posted when we got our Excursion about how much it took to fill the tank. I am glad to say that it now takes less than $100 to fill it up. Ben said that he would cry if the gas went under $2.00/gallon. I told him I wouldn't cry I would jump for joy.

On a side note it's great living in the country and still have stores and large towns around. Now I know that for most standards that the towns around here aren't large but to us they are. The largest town near where we did in Wyoming was about 1500 people. Here we have towns that have 15000.

Ben is loving his job! We were laying in bed the other night and he says to me "Don't be offended but I love going to work". I told him I wouldn't of been if he hadn't of started that sentence the way he did. He says that working with the troubled youth is like therapy for him. Now I don't care how great your parents are or how lovely your life has been we could all use a little therapy to help deal with life.

We are grateful to be here and can see the Lords hand in the blessings that we have received. Our girls love it here, we love it here, and I feel like we have grown closer as a family. We are really lucky that Jared Ben's brother ( and by Jared I mean Melissa) thought to call and offer Ben this job. Thanks again you guys!

1 comment:

Filetti Family said...

Wow, those are great gas prices! I'm so jealous.