Sunday, January 17, 2010

long time I know

We have been on a bit of a roller coaster here in the Stewart home. But all in all we are grateful that we are still together. We move to our new apartment in a month that is here in Roy and we are really excited about that. Then on the 18th of Feb will be Ben's last day at walmart. He has been waiting for this day since the day he started there. I am grateful that he has stuck it out this long. Then our next HUGE thing we have coming up will be Ben leaving for basic. We are now down to 56 days till he leaves and he will be gone March 16th to September 1. Long time I know but our wonderful bishop has given us the okay to keep going to our ward even though we won't be in the boundaries of the stake. We will also keep the kids in the same school. We are trying to keep everything as much the same as we can for the girls because it's going to be hard enough having Ben gone.

I have tried to get the girls excited about this summer while Daddy is gone by telling them that we will be going on vacations. We are going to be going to OR for a family reunion which the girls and I will be traveling with Ben's brother and sister in law. That should be lots of fun as long as I have zanax and pain meds lol. Just kidding its going to be lots of fun. We are going to rent a 12 passenger van and road trip it with 7 kids and 3 adults. Kelly Ben's brother has already called dibs on driving and has let us know he will not be hearing the kids due to his ipod or ear plugs he will have in his ears. This one time I think it will be okay. I am just glad I don't have to make that trip by myself. Kelly and Michele have really stepped up to let me know I won't be alone when Ben leaves. It's great having family close. It also helps that our kids are around the same age and LOVE each other. I am also planning a trip back east to see my family since I haven't' been home for 6 1/2 years. That trip has less details due to the fact I haven't decided if I want to fly or drive. I want to fly since it's the quickest way there but on the flip side it's going to cost so dang much. Then we will have our move to where ever Ben is stationed. That's the travel I am looking forward to the most. To be back together as a family.

Having Ben gone will be a great growing season for me. I am really praying hard that the Lord will bless me with my anxiety and help me to stay calm during all our time alone. I already know that Ben will be missed because he has such a sweet way with the girls. He has a way of getting through to them when I can't. It's really sweet to see the relationship he has with each one of them. When Alex starts to act out a couple of hours with daddy alone helps her get the boost to start being good again. Aubrey is like me that she gets overwhelmed and then shuts down. Ben can come in and in less than one minute have her refocused, back on track, and smiling. Cecilia is a silly little girl and has to have "lulu" and her "silky" every night before bed (or really all day long) and Ben will search the house and car till he finds them for her. Then we come to Azlie that is a mama's girl totally but as soon as Ben puts on football she ditches me and snuggles with Ben. All he has to say to her is "you want to watch some football" and she will stop what ever she is doing and go to him. Then there's me. He is my comfort zone. The safety that I feel when all wrapped up in his arms is unmeasurable. He knows my quirks and how to deal with my good and bad qualities. He keeps me sane! All us girls will miss him so very much.

That is what we are looking forward to. I am hoping to get a new computer and Internet again so I can post pictures and keep up on everything. But like all good things I will have to wait for that.

No comments: