Saturday, August 8, 2009

Seven Years so soon!

Today is Ben and my anniversary and I have to say that this has been the funnest by far. Ben started by texting me at 12:02 a.m. and saying happy anniversary and telling me where he had hidden my present. He got me a camera since our last one had an unfortunate meting with the floor. So now our blog won't be boring any more and I can keep track of what is going on and the fun stuff we do.

Anyway back to today. I tried and tried to surprise him with something but that didn't work out too well for me. I took a picture that Ben's mom painted to get framed and he noticed that it was missing from the wall. Then I went online and bought him a pair of Rainbow Sandals (the best flip flops ever!). But while I was at work a number called my phone that I didn't know and let it go to voice mail. I then made the mistake of calling Ben and asking him to check it for me. It was the Rainbow Sandals company calling to tell me that what I had ordered was on back order and they would get me it asap. Well there went that surprise. So after the second surprise being wrecked I decided that I would call it good.

We were planning on going on a hike today but since it's unusually cool her and there was a chance of rain we bagged that and decided to just go and see where we ended up. We started our date by going to the mall and picking up some much needed items. Then we traveled on to Cafe Rio and got some food. So yummy! I wasn't too hungry so I had lots left over. We then decided to go to down town Ogden and check out I-fly, Fat Cats, and the rock wall and on the way I saw a guy who was talking to himself and so I asked Ben to stop so that we could give him our food. What a great guy because he did. We pulled up and I told the man we had some leftovers and asked if he would like them. He quickly agreed and mentioned that he was starving. Then after Ben gave him the food he made the comment that he was going to eat good tonight. We were just glad that we could help.

We really didn't find anything we wanted to do downtown so we went to Toads place and it was so much fun acting like teenagers again. We went go cart racing a first for me and I was totally in the lead but I was a good wife and let Ben pass me. When we were getting out one of the kids (11-13) pulled up next to me and in his true player style says "Heeyyy". I thought to myself "I am old enough to of mothered you." We then went and played a round of mini golf. I am so glad that Ben didn't marry me for my mini golf skills. I don't know what the final score was but where Ben averaged 2-3 hits a hole I managed 4-6. He won! We then went inside and played air hockey, skeet ball, basket ball, and went into a photo booth. Ben won everything except one of the air hockey games I won by one point. I will say that the first time we played he spanked me.

From there we traveled on to Riverdale and walked around different stores for really no reason. It was amazing to have 5 hours without the kids. It's been a long time since we have been able to spend that much time together alone. It was also much needed. It's funny what being married 7 years makes you think about. I know I started to reflect on the goals we had when we first were married and how we have kept them up. It's good to reflect and see where we can improve.

I really haven't had that much fun in a long long time. I am glad that I married Ben and that he loves me enough to stand by my side in all of our trials. He is the most amazing man and I am so thankful that the Lord has blessed us to be sealed together for eternity. Well we made it one year closer to eternity with each other. I love you BEN STEWART!

Pictures will be coming soon.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats on 7 years!! :)

Valerie said...

I'm just a stranger who popped by from Modern Mormon Moms, but wanted to say HAPPY anniversary!