Monday, March 23, 2009

My baby's not a baby any more!

This is Azlie when she was 1/2 hour old. Oh how things have changed!
Azlie Mariah Stewart had her first birthday yesterday. She got some really great toys from her sisters that she has had to fight to get to play with but that always happens when new toys are brought into our house. We celebrated by going to church, coming home and taking naps (mom and Azlie), having cake and opening presents. She loved the cake but I found it funny that she didn't like to get her hands all dirty. After she stuck her hand in the frosting she got all upset till Ben cleaned it off. Then she wouldn't eat any more till I got a fork and fed her that way. She also does this really cute dance when you start chanting "go Azlie it's your birthday, go Azlie it's your birthday". We are going to try to get it on one of our phones and post it. The weirdest part of the day is Azlie woke up and started to fuss around the same time that I went into labor with her and then I got her to go back to bed. Then she woke up a short time later which would of been the time we left to go to the hospital. Really I didn't need the early wake-up to remember that blessed day. I did tell Ben that I think I should get the kids birthdays off since I had to go through so much to get them here. I don't think he fell for it. It's really crazy to look back at the last year and to reflect all that our family has been through. A little not so good and lots of really good things happened. I am so thankful to the Lord that we all have our health and that we have friends and family that love and support us. Also I am grateful to my Heavenly Father to have a wonderful supportive husband that loves me for me.

2 comments:

Turpin Times said...

I think your secret is you're moving back to Roy. And I'm going to keep bugging you until you reveal the secret. :)

Meghan said...

Happy Birthday Azlie! They do grow up so fast! Good heavens, I remember when the twins were born! That seems like such a long time ago, when we were all happy in Utah. Maybe we can have it that way again someday. Or, maybe you could move to Alabama with me! What would you say to that? :-)