Friday, May 22, 2009

Settled in!

So after our long trip back home we are finally settled. The laundry is never ending and there never seems to be enough time in the day to fold it all. Just when I get it down to one or two baskets all the sudden Ben produces more from the laundry room. I think he just waits till I get it put away and then he brings up his stash from down stairs.

We are totally furnished now thanks to the love of the people around us. I was able to take my frustrations with the insurance company out on the furniture that came with us but was unusable. I was tired of it looking like we were starting a furniture store in the garage so I took Ben's hammer to the three dressers that we had. It really did help to destroy those dressers.

Ben's been working graves at Wal-mart till his licences get transferred back here from WY. It's weird because the state of Utah took no time at all taking our money to get this done but to get the paperwork that we need is taking forever. Ben has also had the great opportunity to have to re due our front bathroom floor. When our renters moved in after a couple of months we were told the toilet was leaking so our property manager put two wax rings on to "fix" the problem. Then our renters broke the toilet and bought a new one but when they replaced it they did it wrong so we had "water" leaking between the floor and the ceiling of the garage. It's going much faster then when he had to do it to the master bath. It should be done tomorrow or on Monday since Ben is helping me to help one of the widows in the ward.

Besides taking care of my frustration with State Farm I have been trying to keep the kids quiet while Ben sleeps I have started to help take care of a widow in our ward that has taken ill. It has made me remember the old days when I worked out side of the home. I think I have decided what I want to be when I grow up. Who knows this may change and I haven't even told Ben yet so I don't think I will let it out here. There is a time and place.

Alex and Aubrey have been signed up for Kindergarten and they are super excited for that. The school that they will be going to offers a summer preschool program that I was lucky enough to hear about so they will be doing summer school. Ben told the girls this was the one and only time that it was okay to do summer school. I just had to laugh. Aubrey has lost her two bottom front teeth and looks so cute. Alex actually asked for me to help clean her room and didn't sit around and watch me do it. I think the real reason behind that is because I told her she could "decorate" her room with some pictures (ones she colored) and that got her motivated.

Cecilia has become our grammar girl. If I say "can you get me the milk out of the fridge" she will correct me by saying "do you mean the refrigerator". If you shorten any word you can bet you will hear her saying the correct one. She has also upgraded to a BIG girl bed (a twin) since now her and Alex share bunk beds.

Azlie is always on the move. She's one and nothing seems to stop her except the need to sleep. And the stinker that she is she will not sleep unless in her car seat or in her crib. It makes Sundays so much fun. Ben and I normally just trade off at church. She is so dang cute and we have found out she loves the slide and the swings at the park. She actually put herself down one of those huge twisty slides. No one was up there with her and then all the sudden she was at the bottom where Ben was keeping a close eye on her.

That's our life in a nut shell.

No comments: